Last updated on the 26th January 2022
Australian Croquet Association (ACA) is committed to ensuring the safety of all players, officials and spectators at all times. The information below is intended to provide an overview of the resources available for information and guidelines pertaining to the impact of COVID-19 on the Croquet community.
Important note (Sport Australia): State and Territory Governments and their public health authorities are responsible for decisions about sporting activities in each jurisdiction, both at professional and community sport level. These may be updated from time to time as further guidance material from governments and public health authorities is provided.
Links to relevant State Websites
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
Guidelines for play
All play and club activities are to be conducted in line with the Covid-19 guidelines.as advised by State and Territory government agencies.
- The responsibility of each club is to ensure the following:
- They are aware and compliant with their own State or Territory Government advice and guidelines relating to Covid-19.
- All of these guidelines are adhered to.
- Hand sanitiser is made available at the entrance to the club and beside each lawn when in use.
- Any equipment that is loaned to players be thoroughly cleaned before and after use.
- To ensure safety of all attendees, clubs to implement a system that records all attendees in case a covid positive case is recorded.
- Any meetings held on the club premises should employ physical distancing of 1.5m between people and be limited to the number of people determined by the relevant state/territory social gathering limits.
ACA recognises clubs may choose to implement additional requirements. ACA strongly recommends clubs seek legal advice prior to determining and implementation of additional requirements.
To help reduce the spread of Covid-19 in Australia please follow these steps:
- Practice Social distancing
- Follow the limits for public gatherings
- Practice good hygiene
- Understand how to self-isolate if you are required to do so
Australian Croquet Association strongly encourages all members, participants, and spectators to be vaccinated.
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Headache or fatigue
- Muscle or joint pain
If you are feeling ill and think you have been exposed to Covid-19 please check your symptoms using the Health Direct Symptom Checker.