Introduction of AC Laws, 7th Edition
The WCF Council approved the 7th Edition of the Association Croquet Laws on 24th February 2021. It has been decided that the new Laws will apply in Australia from 1st July 2021.
Law books in A5 and A6 format are at the printers. A new version of the Official Rulings on the Laws of Association Croquet (ORLAC) is near finalisation. ACA intends to print a merged version of the Laws and ORLAC when available (which should be soon).
With this in mind the National Technical Panel of the AC Referees Committee have prepared training materials (in Powerpoint form) on the changed laws, and a simple exam to reaccredit referees in the new Laws.
It is planned that either the National Coordinator of Refereeing AC (Mike Cohn) or the Australian representative on the WCF AC Laws Committee (Liz Fleming) will meet in turn with each State Directors/Coordinator Referees with a number of Examining Referees to proceed with initial training later in March. This will then allow State Directors/Coordinators to proceed to training of referees and players within their state over the following three months.
Message from the WCF
The WCF is pleased to announce that we have given our website a refresh.
The URL for the home page has not changed, it is still www.worldcroquet.org. However, due to differences in how the new site works, the menu structure for some other pages has changed. Therefore, if you have saved any pages or set any links up, you may need to re-do these. Your current links will default to our new Home Page.
We hope you like the new site. All the old content should still be there, plus there are a few new items:
- Translate capability: click on the translate box at the top right of the screen. Translations are powered by Google and will not be perfect, but hopefully the text should be understandable in your chosen language. We hope this will be easier for any of you whose first language is not English.
- Historic Documents: a few old documents from when the WCF was formed have been added. Go to: www.worldcroquet.org/about-the-wcf/wcf-historic-documents/
- Past Office Holders: a page showing all the past Presidents, Secretary-Generals and Treasurers. Go to: www.worldcroquet.org/about-the-wcf/past-office-holders/
- Roll of Honour tables: a page listing all our previous champions. Go to: www.worldcroquet.org/world-championships/world-championship-roll-of-honour-tables/
There are also lots of photos. We would like more please, particularly for the Championship Archive page. If you have any decent photos from past WCF events, please send them to me so that I can add them to the site.
Please let me know if you have any ideas for content, or if you spot any errors (hopefully not!). Any questions, please get in touch.
WCF Deputy Secretary-General
Croquet Australia’s 72nd AGM – 22nd March 2021
The Croquet Australia 2021 Annual General Meeting will be held on Monday, 22nd March 2021, commencing at 5:00 pm AEDT (2 pm WA, 4 pm Qld, 4:30 pm SA) via Zoom.
The business of the AGM is to ratify the minutes of the previous AGM, receive the Annual Financial Report and the Board’s Annual Report on Activities, elect members to fill the four Board positions that fall vacant and to consider a motion proposed by Croquet NSW.
To avoid possible bandwidth problems, only the member State Associations’ delegates, the nominees (if they wish to attend) and Board members will be given access to the Zoom meeting.
To enable individual members to view the meeting, it will be live streamed via the Croquet Australia Facebook page and YouTube channel and further details will be provided nearer to the date.
2021 ACA Tournament Update
January 13, 2021
Croquet Australia regrets to advise that, due to possible Covid-19 ramifications for players travelling interstate, the following events have been cancelled:
• 2021 President’s Golf Croquet Eights, scheduled to be held at the Victorian Croquet Centre, Melbourne, 12th to 14th February 2021
• 2021 Interstate Cup team competition (the Eire Cup), scheduled to be held in Sydney, 17th to 23rd March 2021 inclusive,
• 2021 Association Croquet Gold Medal, scheduled for Sydney, 10th – 12th
March 2021, and
• 2021 Association Croquet Men’s and Women’s Championships, scheduled for Sydney, 13th to 16th March 2021