Association Croquet (AC) is the traditional form of the popular garden game. It is best described as a “race” in which the players attempt to be the first to complete the course of hoops and the peg with both balls of their side. Progress is made by striking a ball with a mallet and propelling the balls through hoops in a specified order. AC is based on the concept of a “break” – as in snooker, billiards and pool – in which the right may be earned to play a succession of extra strokes. It is possible to play a break of up to 91 strokes in which the striker’s ball will have been made to pass through twelve hoops and then strike the centre peg.
|National Coaching Director||Vacant|
|Assistant National Coaching Coordinator||Vacant|
|Queensland Director of Coaching||Willy Silk|
|New South Wales Director of Coaching||Pam Gentle||0423 411 289|
|Victorian Coordinator of Coaching||Maurice Cevaal-Hewitt||0409 362 947|
|Tasmania Director of Coaching||Ian Bassett||0428 575 269|
|South Australia Coordinator of Coaching||Murray Baum||0413 488 053|
|Western Australia Director of Coaching||Dianne McGivern|
|National Director of Refereeing||Mike Cohn||0412 294 150|
|Queensland Director of Refereeing||Liz Fleming|
|New South Wales Director of Refereeing||Ted Salter||0451 324 860|
|Victoria Coordinator of Refereeing||Brian Foley||03.9584 8405, 0407 508 186|
|Tasmania Director of Refereeing||Lizzie Bassett||0409 799 462|
|South Australia Coordinator of Refereeing||James Temlett||08.8272 0973|
|Western Australia Director of Refereeing||Vacant|
Laws and Rulings from WCF
- Laws (effective in Australia from I July 2021) and Official Rulings.
- The Laws of Association Croquet & Official Rulings Seventh Edition effective 1 July 2021 Note that this is a dynamic document and every effort will be made to ensure that the current version is available. In the meantime, Official Rulings will be posted in the next line below as soon as they become available. This publication and the Laws only in both A6 and A5 format are available for purchase here.
- Official Rulings April 2021
- WCF Refereeing Regulations, obtainable via WCF Event Regulations at Statutes & Regulations – World Croquet Federation
- AC Refereeing Manual V2.5
- Association Croquet – Referee and Umpire Activity Record.
- AC Refereeing Croquet Booklet 2014
- “Refereeing Croquet” – material collected by James Temlett (South Australia) – www.croquet.org.au