Association Croquet (AC) is the traditional form of the popular garden game. It is best described as a “race” in which the players attempt to be the first to complete the course of hoops and the peg with both balls of their side. Progress is made by striking a ball with a mallet and propelling the balls through hoops in a specified order. AC is based on the concept of a “break” – as in snooker, billiards and pool – in which the right may be earned to play a succession of extra strokes. It is possible to play a break of up to 91 strokes in which the striker’s ball will have been made to pass through twelve hoops and then strike the centre peg.
|National Coaching Director||Greg Bury||0437 302 221|
|Queensland Director of Coaching||Lynda Davis||0416 013 390|
|New South Wales Director of Coaching||Pam Gentle||0423 411 289|
|Victorian Coordinator of Coaching||Ruth Duffy||0418 415 368|
|Tasmania Director of Coaching||Sue Beattie||03.6229 5702|
|South Australia Co-ordinator of Coaching||Eileen Ferguson||08.8258 9069|
|Western Australia Director of Coaching||Sandra Stevenson|
|National Director of Refereeing||Mike Cohn||0412 294 150|
|Queensland Director of Refereeing||Greg Whymark||0418 158 701|
|New South Wales Director of Refereeing||Bob Green||02.9896 3260, 0412 384 560|
|Victoria Co-ordinator of Refereeing||Brian Foley||03.9584 8405, 0407 508 186|
|Tasmania Director of Refereeing||Lizzie Bassett||0409 799 462|
|South Australia Co-ordinator of Refereeing||James Temlett||08.8272 0973|
|Western Australia Director of Refereeing||Max Woolf||08.9721 2680|
Laws and Rulings from WCF
- The Laws of Association Croquet Sixth Edition as amended in 2008.
- ORLAC: Official Ruling on the Laws of Association Croquet December 2017 Edition.
- Merged AC Laws and Official Rulings Croquet New Zealand is acknowledged for their efforts in developing this merged document.
- Handicapping Regulations (AC) (December 2017)
- Handicap Card – AC
- AHS1 Handicap Change Report Form
- ACA Refereeing Regulations.
- AC Refereeing Manual V2.5
- Association Croquet – Referee and Umpire Activity Record.
- AC Refereeing Croquet Booklet 2014
- “Refereeing Croquet” – material collected by James Temlett (South Australia) – www.croquet.org.au